A special half day project for KS2 based at Priory House, Warwick.
This session meets the requirement for a Local History study and a study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066. It is also applicable for children studying Shakespeare in literacy.
The two hour workshop with Heritage Education staff includes:
- Investigating what people wore in Shakespeare’s time, using our replica costume collection and Tudor portrait.
- Handling replica Tudor objects and investigating what they can tell us about life in Shakespeare’s time.
- Finding out what people ate, how they cooked, what they had in their houses and how they looked after their health.
- Looking at what evidence exists for finding out about life in Shakespeare’s time.
- Having a go at writing some of Shakespeare’s words using Tudor handwriting with a quill and ink.
- Having the chance to take an optional teacher led trail of Warwick looking at Tudor buildings
The session starts at 10.15 am and finishes at 12.15 pm.
Optional teacher led Warwick town trail at no extra cost (choose between a 30 minute and 60 minute trail)