Book one of our new themed Birthday Parties at St John’s Museum!
If you are looking for a unique, fun party St John’s Museum has 4 parties for children aged 4 and over to enjoy. Take part in our kitchen and explorer parties and have a birthday to remember. Our Party Leader will run the activities and be on hand throughout the party.
Ice-cream and Lemonade
Make your own strawberry ice-cream and Victorian lemonade in our Victorian kitchen. Suitable for ages 7+
Sweets and Treats
Make peppermint creams, marzipan decorations and Victorian lemonade in our Victorian kitchen. Suitable for ages 4+
Have the chance to see and hold real Jurassic fossils, go on a fossil hunt around St John’s and make your own Jurassic fossil to take home. Suitable for ages 5+
Be an archaeologist and get close up with some archaeological artefacts from our collections then make and excavate archaeological poo to find out what people ate in the past. Suitable for ages 7+
Kitchen Party Add-Ons:
The kitchen activities are one hour long and you will have some time to run your own party games in the party room. If you don’t want to run your own games, why not book an add-on activity to keep the party going. All take place after the kitchen activities within the 2 hour time slot. Price: £15. Choose from:
Toys and Games
Play with our collection of historical toys and games, from the Romans to today.
Make your own creations to take home. Choose from: Punch and Judy puppets, treat boxes and pinwheels
Prices, Information and Terms and Conditions:
- All parties are 2 hours long and cost £120
- Kitchen Parties – maximum 12 children
- Explorer Parties – maximum 15 children
- Parties available 10.30am – 12.30pm and 2.00pm – 4.00pm on Saturdays all year round and weekdays during school holidays
- Kitchen Parties are 1 hour, with 1 hour use of tea party room. Explorer parties are 1¼ hours with 45 mins use of tea party room.
- One adult is asked to stay for every 5 children, one adult for every 4 children under 5.
- Please bring your own food, drinks, party ware and decorations. Hot water can be provided. It is the responsibility of the party booker to clean the tables, sweep the floor and remove all rubbish off the premises. We will provide bin bag, cleaning cloths and spray, and dustpan and brush.
- Host/parent can arrive up to 15 minutes before the start time to set up tea party room.
- Full payment is required at time of booking and a minimum of 4 weeks notice is required.
- Cancellation required 3 weeks notice otherwise full payment is required.
- We reserve the right to cancel your party at any time, in the unlikely event that this happens we will provide an alternative date or a refund in full
- Host/Parent will be responsible for the children’s behaviour during the party activity.
- It is the responsibility of the host/parent to be aware of any allergies or dietary of any children taking part. An alternative to the marzipan activity in the Sweets and Treats party can be provided with a minimum of 2 weeks notice.
- We will stop the activity if anyone’s safety is being compromised.
- Free parking is available at St John’s Museum or paid parking at St Nicholas car park.
To make a booking or enquire further please call 01926 412069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org