Volunteer with Market Hall Museum Visitor Team
Market Hall Museum, Warwick, reopens in February 2017 after its £1.1 million refurbishment. There are lots of opportunities for you to volunteer and more details follow.
You can apply online: Click here to apply.
Or if you prefer to download the role profile and registration form:
Market Hall Visitor Welcome Team Role Profile
Why volunteer with us?
We can offer you a great range of experiences and training and the chance to make a difference to our visitors.
- Work experience in a modern museum environment
- Using your skills and experience
- A training programme to help you develop new skills for the role
- Joining a supportive and friendly team of staff and volunteers
- Gaining experience in a heritage and visitor facing role
- Sharing information about Warwickshire’s heritage and culture
You can volunteer for half day shifts, Tuesday to Sunday
Who can get involved?
Anyone! All you need is:
- an interest in Warwickshire’s history and culture
- to be friendly and outgoing
- willingness to get involved and learn
- to be alert and vigilant
- an awareness of good customer service
You will be working with: museum staff and other volunteers
What you could be doing:
- Creating a friendly, welcoming and inclusive environment at the Museum
- Greeting visitors and helping them to make the most of their visit
- Familiarising visitors with the building and helping with visitor feedback
- Talking with visitors in the galleries and answering questions about displays and collections
- Sharing and handling original artefacts with the public
- Stewarding the displays and reporting any issues
- Public events in the Museum.
- Activities for visitors and schools with the Learning and Arts teams.
- Assisting the Collections team
- Helping in the café and shop
|Recruitment process||Registration form and informal interview|
|References||Please provide us with the names of two people you have known for at least one year who are not family members.|
|Age restrictions||16 Years and above. No upper limit.|
|Disability access||We will have a lift to all floors within the Museum|
|Expenses||Mileage & parking to £10 per day (per half day shift)|
|Induction and Training||A full training programme will be organised|
|Other||This role will require standing for periods.
We ask our volunteers to wear black, dark grey or navy trousers or skirt, and a white or light top. This is to help visitors to identify volunteers and staff. We will provide a warm gilet and badge.You will become a member of our Supporter scheme with a programme of events and a discount in the shop & café
|More Information||Contact Sarah Hann, Volunteer Coordinator
email@example.com tel:(01926) 736422http://heritage.warwickshire.gov.uk/volunteer/
For more information please email the Volunteer Coordinator Sarah Hann at
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01926 736422.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Healey Oral History Project
We are looking for volunteers to coordinate, record and transcribe the memories of former employees of Warwick’s Healey Motor Company, and of Healey owners and enthusiasts.
If you are interested in getting involved you can download these role profiles:
Volunteer Interviewer, Volunteer Transcriber, Coordinating Volunteer
You can also download a Registration Form: Healey Project Registration Form
Send your registration form to email@example.com
or telephone the Record Office on 01926 738959 Read more about the project: Healey
Other Volunteer Roles
Volunteer roles include helping to process recent archaeological discoveries with our Archaeology team. Conserving and indexing archives at the County Record Office. Getting involved with our Museums and Heritage Education team, for instance at Arty Tots our creative session for grandparents and their grandchildren. Or helping us to develop our wildlife garden at St John’s museum. Why not join our friendly teams who regularly share and learn new skills and knowledge?
Arty Tots Volunteers win West Midlands Museum Development Volunteer Awards 2016
The Arty Tots volunteers won the ‘Spreading the Word’ award at the award ceremony in Birmingham on 15th September. Congratulations to everyone.
Applying for Roles
Volunteer roles become available from time to time and are advertised on this page. If you would like to find out more please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, or register to join our list of potential volunteers.
We send details of new projects to anyone who has registered. To register with us download our Volunteer Registration Form [Download PDF]
- Volunteer Handbook 2013: [Download PDF]
- You can read our Volunteer Policy here: [Download PDF]
- Emergency Contact Details 2013 [Download PDF]
- Confidentiality Agreement for Volunteers [Download PDF]
- Copyright Assignation form for volunteers [Download PDF]
- Data Protection: [Download PDF]
Expenses: We can offer to reimburse the cost of parking or public transport up to £10.
The Volunteer Coordinator is Sarah Hann. You can contact Sarah by:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01926 736422. You can also call in to see her: St John’s Museum Warwick CV34 4NF