If you are applying for a volunteer role based at one of our sites in Warwick you will need to:
- Read the volunteer role profile
- Register your interest in a role. You will need to include the names of two referees.
- Meet the volunteer coordinator and the member of staff supervising the role.
- Take part in a trial session, to see if the role is for you
- Sign a confidentiality agreement, and where appropriate a copyright and data protection agreements.
- Provide emergency contact details
- Start volunteering with a three month trial period
You will need to complete an eLearning module. A member of staff will give you on the job training. There may be opportunities for you to attend training provided by other organisations.
We reimburse all parking expenses and can offer travel expenses. Petrol can be reimbursed up to £5 per volunteering session or £10 for public transport.
An annual lunch and Christmas social is organised for volunteers. Previously, we have visited a local heritage site to see how their volunteers get involved.
There is an annual Record Office training day open to all volunteers. Regular museum meetings and training opportunities are available. You can sign up to our bimonthly volunteering newsletter.