Our volunteer roles support a range of services and activities within heritage and culture.
Market Hall Museum
- visitor welcome
- gallery enabling
- helping with events
- cleaning and packing objects
- listing contents of boxes
- undertaking simple repairs
County Records Office
- indexing historical documents including the Quarter Sessions and Pauper records
- cleaning and mending maps
- cleaning and listing glass plate negatives.
Learning and Engagement
Helping with informal learning activities including:
- Arty Tots (our weekly activity group for grandparents and their grandchildren)
- ReCollections (our monthly dementia cafe)
Processing excavation finds (washing and labelling).
Researching and writing articles for our history website.