We have various research guides available to assist you in your research at Warwickshire County Record Office. This page provides links to each of the themes represented.
- Full catalogues are available on open access shelves in the searchroom. Searchroom resources
- See our main categories of records for brief details of the kinds of collections we hold.
- For a general description of all the collections we hold, and itemised catalogues for approximately 43% of our collections, please see our online catalogue Warwickshire’s Past Unlocked
- We have produced a general guide to the sources we hold for tracing your Warwickshire ancestors
- A short guide to our Transportation records is also available
- We also have lists of the parishes covered by some of our more popular sources:
- Church registers and census returns (Church of England and nonconformist churches)
- We have an introduction to our rate books and lists of parish rate books, district rate books and district valuation lists
- We have produced a guide to researching the bastardy records found in our collections.
- A short guide to sources for House history
- A short guide to sources available for LGBTQ+ history
Adding to our collections
We are always keen to take in new deposits of collections which meet our collecting policy. For more details on depositing records visit our depositing records page.