The tourism development service has a strategic agenda to lead the sustainable growth of Warwickshire’s visitor economy. The service works in partnership with other public sector partners, Warwickshire communities and the tourism industry to make Warwickshire a place of destination for tourists and visitors.
Within the framework of the County Council’s priority ambitions, the tourism development service is responsible for:
- Raising the awareness of value of the visitor economy among public sector decision makers and local residents;
- The delivery and commissioning of services involving tourism development;
- Collaborating on the promotion of the visitor economy;
- The provision of intelligence to ensure resources are appropriately targeted;
- Encouraging visitor growth where there is the capacity and infrastructure in place to cope.