We recommend you view the teachers’ notes which contain details of each of the resources.
You are welcome to use these as a teaching resource, but please do not publish images of these resources outside of the classroom without permission from the record office.
You can contact the record office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Performers: Hannah Graham, Kieron Attwood, Derek Nisbet
Musical composition and direction: Derek Nisbet
Fallen Voices films
- ‘The Cat and Dog in the Ruins’
- ‘Eat Less Bread’
- ‘Only to See Her Face Again’
- ‘Somewhere in Egypt’
- ‘Bed Rests for the Wounded’
- ‘Papers of Bertie Francis Charlett’
- ‘Letters to Mother’
- ‘The Soldier’
- ‘Dulce et Decorum Est’
The films were made for HCW by MindRiot Productions.
You can find the accompanying documents for these films in the section below.
- Teachers’ Notes
- ‘The Cat and Dog in the Ruins’ – letter home by Private Alfred Day
- ‘Eat Less Bread’ – poster persuading people at home to eat less bread
- ‘Only to See Her Face Again’ – advert from Nuneaton Chronicle, 18th December 1914
- ‘Somewhere in Egypt’ – letter home by Corporal Charles Shrieve
- ‘Bed Rests for the Wounded’ – extract from Parish of St Nicholas, Kenilworth, magazine, November 1914