October half-term activities
St John’s Haunted House
Thursday 28 October 2021 - Sunday 31 October 2021
Enjoy a family friendly spooky experience in October half term. Walk through haunted rooms and take part in spooky crafts and activities.
Get spooked as you explore rooms at St John’s House, see them as you've never seen them before. Go on the Halloween cat trail, can you find them all? Walk through the graveyard of past residents.
Make mad science slime and a Halloween decoration to take home. Make potions and spells at the messy play laboratory. Build homes for the fairies.
Dressing up welcomed for children and adults.
What to expect;
- The experience is family friendly and suitable for children with accompanying adults. Children 2 and under free.
- Your experience will last from 75 - 90 minutes.
- A walk through haunted house experience, consisting of a suite of rooms at St John’s House
- Paying children will make a Made Science Slime kit and a ghost decoration
- Messy play area making potions
- Fairy small play area
£12 per child and £5 per adult.
Spaces are limited so please book soon through the Heritage and Culture Warwickshire Eventbrite page.
Visitors are welcome to use the free onsite parking at St John's House. If this car park is full, paid parking available at St Nicholas Park.
Museum from home activities
If you can’t come to our events at the moment, take part in our #museumfromhome activities. Download the Arty Tots packs including crafts, rhymes, and stories suitable for the under 5s and our selection of history themed activities for primary school children.
Join our Learning and Engagement team as they create craft activities for you to enjoy from home:
Arty Tots in your home
- Mission Beepossible (PDF, 1 MB)
- The Kenilworth Swan (PDF, 5 MB)
- Maisie the Ichthyosaur (PDF, 4.3 MB)
- The story of Maisie the Ichthyosaur
- Once upon a time (PDF, 926 KB)
- Down in the Farm
- Down in the Jungle (PDF, 772KB)
- Zoom into Space (PDF, 1MB)
- Shapes (PDF, 611KB)
- Under the Sea (PDF, 802KB)
- The Five Senses (PDF, 776KB)
- Flowers (PDF, 901KB)
- Patterns (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Celebrations (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Dinosaurs (PDF, 1.1MB)
- What's outside today? (PDF, 897KB)
- Frogs (PDF, 511KB)
- Colours (PDF, 652KB)
- Easter (PDF, 1MB)
- In the Jungle (PDF, 772KB)
Museum from Home activities for 5 - 12 year olds
- Victorian Summer (PDF, 6 MB)
- Awesome archaeology (PDF, 6.6MB)
- Marvellous Mini Beasts (PDF, 5.6 MB)
- Transport through Time (PDF, 474 KB)
- Photography and Film (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Romans (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Plants and Gardening (PDF, 1MB)
- Pirates (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Fashion (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Bees (PDF, 2MB)
- Volcanoes (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Dinosaurs (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Sweets and Treats (PDF, 719KB)
- Terrific Toys (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Brilliant Birds (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Jurassic Warwickshire (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Knights and Heraldry (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Anglo Saxons (PDF, 1.4MB)