May Half Term Family Activities
All events can be booked in advance at warwickshire.gov.uk/heritageboxoffice
Stoughton’s Treasure Escape Game
St John’s House Museum
Monday 30th, Tuesday 31st May and Wednesday 1st June. Slots at 10am, 11.15am, 12.30pm, 1.45pm, 3pm and 4.15pm
Another chance to have a go at a new escape game for St John’s House. Clues have recently emerged hinting at a treasure hoard, lost in St John’s many years ago. Can you solve the puzzles, search out the artefacts around the curator’s office and find the treasure before your time runs out? Game lasts up to 45 minutes. Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your time slot.
Suitable for 2-6 players, ages 7+. £30 per team.
Cupcake Decorating Workshop
Market Hall Museum
Friday 3rd June, 10am and 1.30pm
Create your own cupcake decorations to celebrate the Jubilee this May half term. 'Caking and Baking' will be leading this workshop to make a truly tasty celebration, teaching you to ice and make sugarcraft creations for your cupcakes.
£18. Workshop lasts approximately 1.5 hours. Includes 4 cupcakes to take home, and all the help and materials to create your decorations. Dairy-free option available.
Children must be supervised by an adult. Suitable for ages 5+. Please note that the museum will open for workshop attendees only.
‘A Wiggle of Corgis’ Storytelling
Market Hall Museum
Saturday 4th June, 10am and 11am
Enjoy a happy happy jubilee with this wiggle of corgis! Local author and illustrator Diane Maybey will be sharing her new story celebrating the Queen’s 70th jubilee, ‘A Wiggle of Corgis’. Also running 10am to 12pm, join us for a special jubilee-themed Make and Create.
Free, donations welcome. Please book a place for all attendees, children must be supervised by an adult.
Museum from home activities
If you can’t come to our events at the moment, take part in our #museumfromhome activities. Download the Arty Tots packs including crafts, rhymes, and stories suitable for the under 5s and our selection of history themed activities for primary school children.
Join our Learning and Engagement team as they create craft activities for you to enjoy from home:
Arty Tots in your home
- Mission Beepossible (PDF, 1 MB)
- The Kenilworth Swan (PDF, 5 MB)
- Maisie the Ichthyosaur (PDF, 4.3 MB)
- The story of Maisie the Ichthyosaur
- Once upon a time (PDF, 926 KB)
- Down in the Farm
- Down in the Jungle (PDF, 772KB)
- Zoom into Space (PDF, 1MB)
- Shapes (PDF, 611KB)
- Under the Sea (PDF, 802KB)
- The Five Senses (PDF, 776KB)
- Flowers (PDF, 901KB)
- Patterns (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Celebrations (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Dinosaurs (PDF, 1.1MB)
- What's outside today? (PDF, 897KB)
- Frogs (PDF, 511KB)
- Colours (PDF, 652KB)
- Easter (PDF, 1MB)
- In the Jungle (PDF, 772KB)
Museum from Home activities for 5 - 12 year olds
- Victorian Summer (PDF, 6 MB)
- Awesome archaeology (PDF, 6.6MB)
- Marvellous Mini Beasts (PDF, 5.6 MB)
- Transport through Time (PDF, 474 KB)
- Photography and Film (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Romans (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Plants and Gardening (PDF, 1MB)
- Pirates (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Fashion (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Bees (PDF, 2MB)
- Volcanoes (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Dinosaurs (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Sweets and Treats (PDF, 719KB)
- Terrific Toys (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Brilliant Birds (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Jurassic Warwickshire (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Knights and Heraldry (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Anglo Saxons (PDF, 1.4MB)