Market Hall Museum is located in the Market Hall, a 17th-century landmark in the heart of Warwick. Recently refurbished with the help of a generous grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the museum tells the story of Warwickshire, and how the shifting natural, built and human landscapes have shaped the county to the present day.
12 December 2021
We look forward to welcoming you to Market Hall Museum. We will continue to work to keep you and our staff safe. When you visit, you must wear a face covering.
Our popular exhibits include:
- The Museum Bear.
- Oisin, our tweeting Giant Irish Deer skeleton.
- Our observation beehive, cared for by local beekeepers (On occasion the beehive is taken off display for bee-care)
- The Sheldon Tapestry Map of Warwickshire
- The historic Wilmcote Plesiosaur skeleton
- Two Warwickshire Roman silver coin hoards
- Cross Hands Quarry Dinosaur
- Historic costume display.
- A real Warwickshire dinosaur from Cross Hands Quarry
Museum opening times
- Sunday and Monday - closed
- Tuesday to Saturday - 10am to 5pm
General admission to the museum is free, donations are welcome.
Market Hall Museum Highlight Tours
Hear about the history of the building and the highlights of its collection, from the infamous Warwickshire Bear to the amazing South Warwickshire Roman Hoards. You are also welcome to browse our museum shop and treat yourself to some refreshments in our Museum Café.
Tours last between 30 to 45 minutes and are provided by our team of Volunteer Tour Guides. Free, donations welcomed.
Book a place on the Heritage and Culture Warwickshire Eventbrite page.
Facilities and access
- shop and cafe
- baby changing facilities
The museum has level access on the ground floor and a platform lift to the first-floor galleries.
*Please note that some areas of the first floor are uneven due to the historic nature of the floorboards.
There is a building emergency evacuation plan and procedure for assisted escape for visitors with any type of disability/impairment, if required. If you require evacuation assistance on your visit to the museum please speak to a member of our front of house/reception staff so that we can explain our plan to you or you can contact us beforehand to discuss this.
Market Hall Museum
Telephone 01926 412501
Parking: On street metered parking available in the town centre
The cafe at Market Hall
Serving locally sourced goods, our menu aims to offer our visitors a variety of choice. Choose from:
- Drink in or take away an award-winning cup of Monsoon Estates Coffee. Or try handpicked Golden Monkey teas, including our in-house exclusives - Market Hall Blend and our warming Warwickshire ‘Bear Hug’.
- A wide range of cakes, including gluten-free and vegan options
- Soup and house-made batch rolls (soup is seasonal)
- Cold drinks and snacks
Tuesday to Saturday - 10am to 4pm
Facilities and access
- Adapted cutlery
- Bottle warmer and high chairs
- Toilet with baby changing facilities
Our redeveloped shop stocks gifts and souvenirs to suit all ages and budgets. You will find ranges based on our most popular objects and family favourites, such the Warwickshire Sheldon Tapestry and famous Warwickshire Bear. You can even buy local honey supplied by our Beekeeper, Mike Townsend.
Celebrate Warwickshire with our books and souvenirs featuring famous locations and local places of interest. You can support local artists and shop from our Makers at Market Hall craft case.
For the children, we’ve put together a wide range of toys, gifts, and pocket money spends, including well-known brands Usborne and Papo.
Tuesday to Saturday - 10am to 5pm