Currently not available
Our volunteer team offers free guided tours of the museum. We offer tours in French, sign supported English and with volunteers who are trained in supporting visitors with visual needs. To request a volunteer guide please contact our Visitor Services Supervisor on 01926 418247 (you can leave a message on the answerphone if necessary). We will do our best to accommodate requests but this is dependent on our volunteers’ availability.
Museum opening times
- Sunday and Monday - closed
- Tuesday to Saturday - 10am to 5pm
General admission to the museum is free, donations are welcome.
ALL VISITS TO THE MUSEUM ARE ON A PRE BOOKED BASIS ONLY.
Please read all the details on the booking form before you book tickets. Tickets are released every Monday for that week.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Market Hall Museum!
To keep you and our staff safe we are following government guidelines and procedures. Please read the following information before booking a ticket so you know how your visit will be managed.* Visits to the museum are on a pre booked basis only
- A maximum of 8 visitors will be in the building at each time slot. (Please book a ticket for everyone in your group/family, including infants).
- You may only book one slot at a time, you can only book new slots via Eventbrite, the staff will not accept repeat bookings onsite (this is to allow everyone a fair chance of booking a slot).
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your time slot (Queue by the waiting point outside following social distancing guidelines). Please vacate the building after 45 minutes to give our staff time to clean for our next group. If you are late you may have to wait before you can enter the building and you will be required to leave when your slot time expires.
- In line with government guidance visitors will need to wear face coverings, for your safety and the safety of other visitors and staff.
- Please sanitise hands on arrival and exit. (Products provided)
- You will be greeted and checked in. Staff will be available to supervise visitors through the museum
- Please follow the safety guidelines and procedures detailed in the signage throughout the museum
- Our staff will be following 2m+ distancing guidelines, and we ask that our visitors do the same. We are happy for our visitors to wear masks and gloves if they wish, but these must be disposed of at home.
- Interactive and touch screen displays will be switched off to ensure your safety
- NEW free family trail available
*Lift - For single user + carer, if you need to use the lift please advise our staff on your arrival as we will need to clean this after each use
Facilities and access
- shop and cafe - temporarily closed
- baby changing facilities
The museum has level access on the ground floor and a platform lift to the first-floor galleries. Please note that some areas of the first floor are uneven due to the historic nature of the floorboards.
There is a building emergency evacuation plan and procedure for assisted escape for visitors with any type of disability/impairment, if required. If you require evacuation assistance on your visit to the museum please speak to a member of our front of house/reception staff so that we can explain our plan to you or you can contact us beforehand to discuss this..
The cafe at Market Hall
Serving locally sourced goods, our menu aims to offer our visitors a variety of choice. Choose from:
- pastries (delivered daily)
- our children’s snack pack
- a wide range of cakes, including gluten-free.
Drink in or take away an award-winning cup of Monsoon Estates Coffee. Or try handpicked Golden Monkey teas, including our in-house exclusives - Market Hall Blend and our warming Warwickshire ‘Bear Hug’.
Tuesday to Saturday - 10am to 4pm
Facilities and access
- Adapted cutlery
- Bottle warmer and high chairs
- Toilet with baby changing facilities
Our redeveloped shop stocks gifts and souvenirs to suit all ages and budgets. You will find ranges based on our most popular objects and family favourites, such as Oisin the Giant Irish Deer and our famous Bear. You can buy local honey supplied by our Beekeeper, Mike Townsend, or purchase hand-rolled candles and artisan honey made by his associate, Julia from Bee Originals.
Celebrate Warwickshire with our books and souvenirs featuring famous locations and local places of interest. You can support local artists and shop from our Makers at Market Hall craft case.
For the children, we’ve put together a wide range of toys, gifts, and pocket money spends, including well-known brands Usborne and Tyrrell Katz.
Tuesday to Saturday - 10am to 5pm