Many of our items are covered by copyright restrictions, so if you wish to publish any items from our collections you need to contact us first. This section tells you how to request to publish items from our collections.
- Publishing includes broadcasting, exhibiting, and putting on the web as well as publishing items in printed works.
- Please note that we require up to 28 days to process copyright requests.
- Download a Publication Application form
- Download a Publication Application form. You need to use one form per item requested. If you have a large number of items you wish to publish, it is acceptable to fill in one form and attach a list.
- Complete the form
- Please complete the publication form(s) as fully as possible.
- If you have a large number of items you wish to publish, it is acceptable to fill in one form and attach a list.
- You need to provide the full reference for each document.
- If you do not then your form(s) will be returned to you and your request will not be processed.
- You must hand sign each form on the back.
- We cannot accept a typed name on the signature line.
- Return the form to the County Record Office
What happens next?
You request will be processed by the Heritage and Cultural Services Compliance Manager. We will use the details you provide on your form to determine whether Warwickshire County Council has any objection to the publication of the items. We may have to consult with the depositors of the items, in which case it may be up to 28 days before we can respond to you.
Once we have made a decision, you will be contacted by a representative from Warwickshire County Council to inform you of the outcome of your application. The County Record Office reserves the right to charge for the publication of items that it holds in its collections. Charges are levied at the discretion of the County Record Office.
Please see our Privacy Notice for how your personal information is used.
Warwickshire County Records Office
Opening hours: Wednesday-Friday 9am-12pm & 1pm- 4pm