These resources have been provided by Warwickshire County Record Office as part of the Warwickshire at War project.
We recommend you view the teachers’ notes which contain details of each of the resources.
You are welcome to use these as a teaching resource, but please do not publish images of these resources outside of the classroom without permission from the record office.
You can contact the record office at email@example.com
Fallen Voices films
The films were made for HCW by MindRiot Productions. You can find the accompanying documents for these films in the section below.
- Teachers’ Notes
- ‘The Cat and Dog in the Ruins’ – letter home by Private Alfred Day
- ‘Eat Less Bread’ – poster persuading people at home to eat less bread
- ‘Only to See Her Face Again’ – advert from Nuneaton Chronicle, 18th December 1914
- ‘Somewhere in Egypt’ – letter home by Corporal Charles Shrieve
- ‘Bed Rests for the Wounded’ – extract from Parish of St Nicholas, Kenilworth, magazine, November 1914
- ‘Papers of Bertie Francis Charlett’ – notification of final award and newspaper article
- ‘Letters to Mother’ – from Dorothie and Rudolph Feilding
- ‘The Soldier’ – poem by Rupert Brooke
- ‘Dulce et Decorum Est’ – poem by Wilfred Owen
- ‘Alcester Peace Celebrations’ – photograph